Suggest treatment for severe heart palpitations caused by stress
No family history of heart disease and no other symptoms like dizziness, light headed or passing out, etc. I can also exercise without problem- I run 2-3 miles at a 9 minute pace several times per week.
Does this sound benign given my
Your symptoms are not cardiac related
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I understand your concern and would explain that your don't seem to be related to any cardiac disorders.
Anxiety seems to play an important role in all your symptomatology.
You should know that it is quite normal to have some palpitations during physical or emotional stress.
They are caused by the activation of sympathetic nervous system, leading to a load of adrenaline and noradrenaline in your blood.
Nevertheless, if the problem persists I would recommend performing an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring to examine your heart rhythm trends during the day.
Some blood lab tests ( thyroid hormone levels, blood electrolytes) would also exclude other metabolic causes that may trigger this symptomatology.
Meanwhile I recommend you to focus on your anxiety and try to manage it better.
Physical activity and Yoga can help for this purpose.
Hope to have been helpful!
I can reassure you more than 99% that your symptoms do not indicate any serious health disorder ( including cardiac disorders).
So just try to relax and do not think about it any more!
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rashes on back heart palpitations causes and treatment for symptoms
- Heart palpitations ayurvedic treatment
- Treatment for heart palpitations women
- Suggest treatment for heart palpitations
- Suggest treatment for soft stool and heart palpitations
- Anxiety heart palpitations treatment
- What is the cause and treatment for heart palpitations
- Can stress cause anxiety and heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations stress
- Stress anxiety and heart palpitations