Suggest treatment for severe headaches

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I AM HAVING A POUNDING HEADACHE, GETS WORSE IF I WALK OR LAY DOWN, MY BP IS 135/90.
I AM ALSO HAD A EYE ISSUE AFTER LIFTING WEIGHT IN GYM, DOCTOR SAID IT WILL GO AWAY IN COUPLE OF WEEKS, ARE THEY RELATED
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Borderline hypertension,need to be evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Welcome to HCM,

I understand your query and concern.

Headache in your case could be related to Borderline hypertension and Migraine.

I advise you to monitor your blood pressure once daily for 3 days,if still its >130/90
you need to start Anti hypertensive drugs.

Drugs like Telma-H low dose will be helpful in your case.

NOTE:These drugs should be taken under strict medical prescription of your doctor.

Meanwhile salt restricted diet and brisk walk for 20 min daily will be helpful.

Your eye symptoms will be relieved once you start your blood pressure medication.

Post your further queries if any,
Thank you.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu