question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe headaches, cold and fever

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016
Question: Hi Doctor,

My wife 35 mother of 2 kids is having the below problems.

She had a cold and fever(102) a couple of weeks back. She had severe headache as well at that time. Consulted doctor and taken some antibiotics. Symptoms subsided after 4 days.

Now, she is getting severe headache after taking head bath. The pain is all over the head- back of ears, below jaw and also on the side. She took care that the hair is not wet post bathing. Earlier she used to take bath and does not have this kind of trouble. Please let me know what could be wrong and what advice do you have.

Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Rule out dengue, viral fever. Sinusitis.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. Since there was a headache and fever, get a blood test done to rule out Dengue and other viral fevers.

2. The other probable cause is sinusitis, especially sphenoid sinusitis. A plain Sinus CT will help.

3. In the meantime, you can give her a combination of paracetamol and tramadol to control the pain. Get her examined by a physician. Avoid a head bath for a few days.

4. Upload the test results for further treatment options.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Dr. Sumit Bhatti

Otolaryngologist / ENT Specialist