Suggest treatment for severe headaches and pain in back of the eye

Posted on Mon, 28 Sep 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I'm a 76 yr old female. Yesterday my BP XXXXXXX to 140/60. Normally have low pressure 110/65. Ringing in right ear was over 3 days. Yesterday had major headache behind right eye and back of neck with deafness in ear. Today better..worked in garden. Still have headache behind eye when I cough. Back of neck is sore also. I have no other symptoms and in great health otherwise.

The deafness in right ear left after few hours.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get examined

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

This sound like a vascular event…. and consequent insult to the brain.... You ought to see a neurologist. MRI ( or CT scan) of the brain will generally be needed. MRA (MRI angiography) shows blood vessels and is generally done at the same sitting.
The treating doctor alone could conclude better based on total clinical picture…
Appropriate treatment demands accurate diagnosis / And that demands examination; probably investigation too; GET EXAMINED... You may initially go to ER. It is better to be safe than sorry, at any age, specially at seventies...

Good luck
God bless you
Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist