Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having diverticulitis
Doc says continue ci pro and add flagella.
Can we switch to augmentin to see if headaches go away but still treat diverticulitis?. No fever
Please do not change the antibiotics- follow the following advices
Thank you for aking at HCM,
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
You are currently taking ciprofloxacine for diverticulitis that is also one of the recommended treatments for it. Augmentine is not in the list of the antibiotics recommended for diverticulitis.
If you have headaches generally you should take pain killes like paracetamol and ibuprofen. Antibiotics do not help with the headache unless it is purulent sinusitis causing it (infection of the sinuses). If you have no fever and the headache is for less than a week it is very unlikely antibiotics would help for sinusal pain- still we would recommend painkillers (paracetamol/ibuprofen) and nasal lavage with saline solution especially if your nose is congested.
What I would recommend is:
1. take the treatment as your doctor has prescribed- it is a good treatment for diverticulitis
2. you do not need augmentine at the moment- just take painkillers and have nasal lavage with saline solution several times a day.
3. Make sure you drink plenty and take fiber in your diet and as supplement to help with your bowel problems.
4. If no improvement of your headache in 3-4 days, or earlier if any worsening, please see a doctor to make sure of the cause of the headache. Normally it should not go beyond 3 days.
Hope this is helpful to you and answers your question.
I wish you will get better soon.
Dr Antoneta Zotaj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe headache with bp
- Severe headache with fever suggest treatment
- Oralmedic mouth ulcer treatment
- Mouth ulcers treatment
- Iglu mouth ulcer treatment
- Aphthous mouth ulcers treatment
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- Mouth ulcers on tongue treatment
- Severe mouth ulcer treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe headache
- What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
- What causes mildly raised INR level despite taking Warfarin?
- What does the following colposcopy report indicate?
- What do the following ultrasound reports indicate?
- What causes a red rash on the arm?
- What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
- Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
- What causes redness in the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having...