Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe headaches and eye pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
Hi, Dear Doctor, I am 38 years old lady suffering from the last 14-15 years from migraine which caused 1 severe headache which is spread around my eyes area 2 Severe Nosia / Sometimes vomiting 3 Craving for sweets and spices 5 Sometimes swelling around the eyes 6 Used to take flexon / saridon. This condition normally lasts for 1-7 days . This severe attacks usually happens 1-2 times in a month and minor attack once in week. For the last 4 days i suffering this attack and took Naxdom 500 yesterday. Problem is still there. My B/P was also a little bit high ( 90/152) which is very rare in my case . I don't have any history of High BP. Pls suggest permanent solution and medicine . One thing i noticed it mostly happens when i am travelling or taken some fried / oily food. Reg XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: A long-term anti-migraine treatment will cure it Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. There are certain foods which trigger migraine attacks, some of which are chocolate, cheese, wine, peas- just to name a few. You will be able to identify the trigger by maintaining a diary of the foods taken prior to an attack. I have successfully treated more than 10,000 cases with 100% cure rate. 6-12 months regular course of a combination of an anti-depressant drug (such as sertraline) + a mood elevating drug, such as, Alprazolam or Clonazepam, + a Beta-blocker, such as Metoprolol in maximum tolerable dose will cure your Migraines. I am sure that you come to know about an impending Migraine attack. Taking a migraine-aborting drug, such as, Sumatriptan BEFORE the Migraine begins, will abort the attack. Also, avoid all food items which trigger an attack. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me and will prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe headaches and eye pain 7 minutes later
Thanks for your answer sir, Kindly prescribe the medicine in detail (Dose , Timing and period of course) which should be taken by me . Your answer is informative it is requested to prescribe the medicine in detail , I would like to go as per your prescription and advise rather going to other physician. Reg XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Website's Policy prohibits prescription Detailed Answer: Well XXXXXXX The strict policy of this website prohibits me from prescribing the medicines by their brand names/doses/frequency. You may apprise your local doctor about my opinion. He will gladly prescribe the advised treatment. Inconvenience is deeply regretted. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe headaches and eye pain 3 minutes later
Thanks Doctor! I will discuss your opinion with my doctor . Reg XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: My pleasure Detailed Answer: You are welcome, Ms. XXXXXXX God Bless You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor