Suggest treatment for severe headache, chest pain and sore throat

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: On Sunday night I almost drowned in a swimming pool. I feel awful head ache chest hurts sore throat
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Strep Throat most likely

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.
I do understand your pain and discomfort.

If I were your treating doctor my advise would be as below:-

1) Do warm saline gargle three times per day
2) Antibiotics should be Cephalosporins [eg. Cephalexin 500mg twice daily for 5-7 days] with a short course of steriod [Prednisone]
3) For headache [Paracetamol, i.e. Tylenol 650mg twice to thrice daily after food] can be added for the time being

So please discuss these with your treating doctor who will do a detailed clinical examination and prescribe you these medications.

Hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to write back .

Wishing you all the best.
Thanks
Dr U N Sahoo

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee