• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe headache and fever

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Recently, getting severe headache, after 1 or 2 days of taking head bath. Headache is accompanied by sever thirst, which does not go even after 3 to 4 liters of water intake. I do steaming 2 to 3 times ,and next day morning it reduces.Headache : back of the head feels heavy and pain around the eyes. I do not take any tablets to get rid of it.
And for past 15 days, i get heal pain and knee pain severely, and feel v tired(as we get during fever) . I use to wear flip on slipper at home,due to marble flooring , without which i get leg pain immediately.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further investigations needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since your headache is bad, I suggest that you get a CT scan of head done after consulting a neurologist.

Also hyponatremia (low blood sodium levels) is coming to my mind. Conditions that may cause weakness also need to be excluded. Therefore among blood tests I suggest the following:
-Complete blood count
-thyroid profile
-Vitamin D levels
-Liver function tests
-Kidney function tests
- Serum electrolytes
- Serum calcium, vitamin D levels
- Fasting blood sugar
- Lipid profile
- Sr Uric acid levels
- Typhidot

For these tests you need to go fasting for atleast 8 hours. These tests will confirm the diagnosis and then appropriate treatment can be given. You can see an internal medicine specialist for physical examination. Tests can be done at any reputed laboratory. You can share your reports with me so that I can suggest further.

Kindly do not drink excessive water. It may be causing imbalance of electrolytes. Drink only that much water that is needed to quench thirst. Drink cleaner water from RO system.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Vaishalee Punj