• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe headache and dehydration

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Sure and thank you
My daughter has a severe headache
she is 11 & 65#, my worry is one of her hands is extremely cold and was numb but she's getting feeling back. The other hand is normal
I'm not finding that as a sympton of migraines or dehydration, what thoughts might you have?
YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vascular problems to be excluded.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns for your daughter.

Typically, migraine doesn't result in such symptoms, but migraine variants may cause focal neurological signs such numbness etc.

However, if the hand was cold to touch compared to the other hand, vascular conditions such stenosis of the subclavian artery, for example, should be taken into consideration.

It is necessary for your daughter to get evaluated by a Pediatrician, pulses and blood pressure in both arms should be measured and compared.

Imagining studies also may be necessary to exclude vascular problems and to achieve a correct diagnosis.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical