Suggest treatment for severe headache and cough in an elderly person

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: 69 year old male. With a persistent (3 - day) and expanding headache. Have had many headaches over the years but never for three days. Upper neck, behind the ears and when I turn the head or cough it reaches into the front of the head.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medical evaluation and imaging studies are necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

A worsening and lasting more headache, needs further evaluation by neurological examination and by imaging studies such, CT scan or MRI of the brain and head.

This evaluation is necessary to get a correct diagnosis about conditions such subarachnoidal hemorrhage, vascular malformations etc., even to exclude them.

Discuss with your primary care Doctor about getting evaluated further clinically and by imaging studies.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj