Suggest treatment for severe hand and knee pain

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: During the day my hand started to bother me out of nowhere. No injury or trauma. Now it is keeping me awake and I cannot close it due to pretty moderate pain appears to emanate from the thumb joint. Also, during the night my outside of my knee started hurting as well again out of nowhere with no injury ot trauma making it painful to walk.
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxx

Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

How was your day?
Hope this message finds you in good health.

I have gone through your query in detail and understand your concern.

there are 2 commonest reasons for such pains that occur out of nowhere.

1. raised uric acid levels with/without raised sugar levels in blood, can cause pain,swelling, inflammation almost anywhere in the body within a few hours, without trauma.

2. soft tissue strains- that occur in deep sleep can cause inflammation of the affected areas.

I would suggest you to take anti-inflammatory tablets and apply ice packs ,take rest for 3 days.
simple inflammations will resolve significantly. If it doesnt show any signs of improvement, get blood checked for the variations i mentioned earlier.

compression bandage may work well to give rest to the affected parts

You should eventually get back to normal in coming few days.Nothing to worry about.     

I hope your question has been answered.

Feel free to consult me anytime for follow-up queries.
Take care,God bless.

Wish you a healthy life : )
If you do not have any clarifications,you can close the discussion.

Kind Regards..

Dr Mahaveer Patil, (MBBS,MS,Mch)
Consulting Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon

In future,you can contact me DIRECTLY on - http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-mahaveer-patil/71222

-     If you were satisfied and happy with my answer ,PLEASE RATE THIS ANSWER AND LEAVE YOUR SINCERE FEEDBACK .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng