Suggest treatment for severe hair loss

Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My symptoms I have gained 60 pounds in two years. I have hair loss . I also know because of the gain I have a fatty liver press diabetes high blood pressure . I sleep a lot. I feel like a old person sitting play with my phone doze off my snoring wakes me I wake up 2 to 3 times a night to pee. I'm miserable.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tests

Detailed Answer:
Sorry to learn about your bothersome symptoms.

It is important to evaluate you comprehensively to determine the exact cause of your complaints.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:

CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your last 3 months' glucose average). Also known by other names such as GlycoHemoglobin or Glycated Hemoglobin or A1c
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
TSH (checks your thyroid)
Free T4 (this too checks your thyroid) 12 hour Fasting Lipid profile
Urine albumin to Creatinine Ratio (early sign of diabetes affecting the kidney)
25 hydroxy Vitamin D levels (ideal range 40 to 60 ng/ml = 100 to 150 nmol/liter)
Correct diagnosis and treatment requires the opportunity to examine the patient so you must see an endocrinologist in-person.