Suggest treatment for severe hair loss

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Heavy hair fall, how to control and how to increase length of hairs
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Management of hair fall

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
There are many causes of hair fall and treatment depends on the cause.
The most common causes are iron deficiency anemia, thyroid disorders, stress, chronic diseases including that of the scalp, certain medications, surgery, accidents, fevers like typhoid and malaria and female pattern baldness.
I would recommend you to exclude these causes by undergoing haemoglobin levels, serum ferritin levels and thyroid function tests.
If your haemoglobin is less start tablet ferrous fumarate once daily for 2-3 months depending on the haemoglobin levels.
Meanwhile I would recommend you to apply hair serums like anaboom anti hair fall serum or zohair serum twice daily on the scalp for 3-4 months along with hair supplements like tablet follihair or tablet keraglo XXXXXXX once daily for 3-4 months.
This will stop hair fall followed by regrowth of hair but hair fall will take 2-3 months to stop as it is a slow acting process.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 20 minutes later
my thyroid is normal, only problem with hemoglobin and is there any natural way so i will stop this hair fall
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take balanced diet and iron supplements

Detailed Answer:
As far as natural control is concerned take a balanced diet rich in iron and proteins.
Take plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Also take iron supplements to increase your haemoglobin levels.