Suggest treatment for severe hair loss

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi. I have been experiencing some odd symptoms. I have been losing a lot of hair, chunks at a time. It is everywhere. I just woke up and had tons of hair on my bed. I also bruise very easily. I have always bruised easily, but lately I find it is excessive. I don't do any manual work or lifting. I am exhausted and have been sleeping a lot and yesterday a rash appeared on my back. I called my doctors office today but they are closed and I am suppose to go on vacation tomorrow. Any idea what this maybe, I google and I gt nervous its lukemia as i am 35 and am thinking about getting pregnant now.
i forgot to mention that I am about 6 days late
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible hypothyroidism?Need evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I understand your concern.

I have gone through your query in detail.

Since you have PCOS, the possibility of thyroid disorder is high in your case.

These symptoms largely represent hypothyroidism and not Leukaemia.

This needs an immediate evaluation.

For this, I advise you to get a Complete thyroid profile.

Post your further queries if any.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T