Suggest treatment for severe hair loss while using Mintop PRO

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Doctor ,
As per my earlier conversation with you , I mentioned that I faced a hair fall situation while I moved to XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX Hair fall has been consistent and despite using many shampoos and mineral water to rinse hair , the condition hasn't changed.Its been almost 2 months with the issue.
since I feared losing all of the hair,
I happen to go to Dr Batra's for checkup and found out that there is a thick layer of dandruff on scalp which is ordinarily not visible through naked eyes.
He mentioned thinning of hair as a cause and my hair condition in grade 3B ( however I have no patch on my head whatsoever as what I observed) . They asked me to enrol for an yearly package .
As per your earlier suggestion , i'm using mintop pro and keraglo as of now .
Can you suggest me a way in which I can reduce the layer of dandruff on scalp , is there any shampoo available for the same.
I currently use L'Oréal 3x hair fall reduction shampoo.
I don't intend to go for a hair transplant but the hair fall is just hitting panic button for me.

please advice with this issue

Thanks XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hair loss will settle in 3-6 months, use ketoconazole shampoo for dandruff

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and can understand your concern.
You have developed telogen effluvium for which the medicines you are already using are fine.
You can continue with mintop pro lotion and keraglo tablets. These medicines take time to act and this pattern of hair loss usually subsides in 3-6 months.
Although you will start noticing improvement in hair loss in 6-8 weeks.
For your dandruff you can use a shampoo containing ketoconazole like keraglo AD shampoo or Nizral shampoo.
These will help in treating any dandruff.
You need to be little patient as this type of hair loss takes time to settle but recovery is usually complete.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 13 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
I have attached 4 pictures of my hair. my hair are also rough apart from the fall that is happening due to multiple reasons .Kindly examine these images as well.
Thanks XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unable to see pictures, upload again

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am unable to see any pictures.
Kindly upload them again under the report section of the site or mail them to YYYY@YYYY as "Attention: Dr Asmeet ".

Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 20 minutes later
Dear Doctor
I have sent the images of my hair through a different email id as my registered email id didn't allow me to send files beyond certain limit.

Regarding the shampoo , what could be the direction of usage. I mean how frequent should I use them .
Also from the images you can tell me whether the grade 3b is the current stage of my hair or not.

Please advice

Thanks XXXXXXX G
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't seem to be stage 3b, use shampoo twice weekly

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photographs and can appreciate normal density of hair in the vertex.
Your frontal hair line seems to be normal.
Is there any recession of the hair line from the front?
According to pictures I don't think it is grade 3b and you don't have to worry.
You can recover your lost hair by using the already prescribed medicines.
Regarding the shampoo use it twice weekly.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 17 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
Thanks for your advice .
I have couple of concerns
Given the fact that I'm losing a lot of strands on daily basis and also considering the medicated shampoos contain lot of chemicals , won't they further cause the hair fall to increase (as I was told at Dr Batra's clinic that my hair have thinned). I went for one such shampoo called "ketomac" while facing the problem and saw a lot of strands coming out .

My second concern is that I generally go for running in evening and considering dirt and pollution ,I bath and apply shampoo . Also the water of XXXXXXX is very hard , so I generally go for Bisleri water ( 4 ltrs) to rinse my head. Will that cause my hair to thin further.

Please address these issues as well
Thanks XXXXXXX G
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medicated shampoos won't increase hair loss

Detailed Answer:
Medicated shampoos won't cause a increase in hair fall.
Only thing is they are medicated and can cause dryness.
So it is better to go for a conditioner after using them.
If you have concerns about increase in hair loss following the use of these shampoos, you can use them once weekly and for the rest of the days you can continue with the shampoo you are already using.
I can understand your concern regarding hard water but I still don't recommend my patients to use mineral water for head bath as it doesn't have any benefial effect on stopping hair fall.
You can use normal water for head bath.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 31 minutes later
Thanks for your help doctor .
one last question before I close this thread.
Which conditioner will be good to go for

Thanks XXXXXXX G
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either neutrogena or loreal conditioner

Detailed Answer:
You can use either neutrogena triple moisture deep recovery hair masque or loreal professional hair masque.
Both are equally good.