Suggest treatment for severe fever

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Child Health
Question: hi doctor,
my daughter picked up fever half an hour ago. is it okay to give her crocin ds in next hour time?
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can give Crocin DS

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... you can give Crocin DS for fever. It contains 240 MG for 5 ml strength of Paracetamol. If you can get back to me with the weight of your kid I will suggest you be appropriate dose.

Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose (maximum ceiling dose of 500mg) every 4-6th hourly that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth