Suggest treatment for severe fever, headache and neck pain
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Signs of meningism should be elicited and if there is suspicion then workup should be done for meningitis. Fever, headache and neck stiffness accompanied by photophobia are classical signs of acute meningitis. Fundoscopy can be done to look for possible papilledema. CT brain can be advised with contrast to look for any space occupying lesion or meningeal enhancement. CSF (cerebrospinal Fluid) needs to be tapped and examined through a lumbar puncture procedure. This can be done in light of clinical suspicion only. The 1st dose of antibiotics should not be delayed even if the investigations are not available. If the above are not suspected then watchful waiting with NSAIDs or anti pyretics can be given if the patient is clinically stable and a viral infection is suspected.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and neck pain
- Fever headache and painful swellings in armpits
- Fever with headache and neck pain
- Fever headache neck pain diaherra
- Suggest treatment for neck pain
- Suggest treatment for fever headache and lymphadenopathy
- Stiff neck fever headache chills
- Suggest treatment for severe neck pain
- Headaches neck pain fever shaky feeling weakness twitching treatment
- Abdominal pain fever headache neck stiff
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...