question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe fever, chills, cough and fatigue

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Question: Flu like symptoms,,,headache, neck stiffness/pain, fever, chills, overall weakness, deep chest cough with mucus, out of the blue impact, but with small pinkish dots over entire body that have after two days morphed from discrete shape to marbling.

Any ideas? Could it be contagious? Appreciate any guidance.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (11 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possibility of viral infection and associated skin rashes is more.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.

By your history and description, possibility of viral infection is more. Viruses can also cause skin lesions which look like similarly like you have.

And yes, they are contagious to others.
So better to follow these steps for symptomatic relief.

1. Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep your self hydrated.
2. Take combination of antihistamine(Cetirizine) and anti inflammatory(Ibuprofen for next 2-3 days) drugs.

3. Do warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.
4. Avoid stress and tension, be relax and calm.

Don't worry, you will be alright with all these in 1 week.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist