Suggest treatment for severe facial pain

Posted on Tue, 25 Apr 2017 in Dental Health
Question: I have had severe pain in my left TMJ. Today, my dentist who specializes in facial pain injected my own blood in the joint and inside my mouth in a tendon. I have seen some favorable reviews of this procedure online, both in Israel and in XXXXXXX Do you have information on this procedure?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Autologous blood injection is helpful.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

Yes, there are researches that autologous blood injection in the joint space can help in improving symptoms of TMJ as it helps​ in healing with the help of certain cells present in blood..

Secondly it is also beneficial as being your own blood it will not cause you any side effects like a number of medicines can do..

So this technique is becoming popular gradually as the researches are being put forward to explain its effectiveness..

Hopefully you will get better soon with autologous blood injection..

Hope this information helps..

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist