Suggest treatment for severe ear pain in a child
A methodical approach would be preferable.
Thanks for asking once again on HealthcareMagic.
I appreciate your observation. Indeed the possibility of an ear ache needs to be kept in consideration. Rather than giving Hatric 3, I would insist you to give plain paracetamol (available in brands like Crocin, Calpol). If the problem appears resolved, consider the cause to be indeed due to pain. If that is the case, I would insist you to also give the child steam inhalation. Water in form of vapour reaches deep inside and helps in diluting thickened mucus. There is an internal connection on either side connecting between the throat and the middle ear. If due to mucus, these tubes get blocked, ear pain can result.
In case the problem does not resolve, consider giving Atarax syrup twice or thrice daily for a few days. If the problem resolves, consider it to be due to an allergic reaction.
Let me know if I could help further.
Body weight needed.
Thanks for writing back. The dose of paracetamol is 15mg/kg/dose. To be able to give you the right dose for your child I would need to know her body weight. Let me know and I will mention the doses for both the medicines.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat severe ear pain of child
- Severe ear pain have migraines on amoxicillin treatment
- Severe ear pain in adults
- Severe ear pain remedy
- Migraines and severe ear pain
- Causes of severe ear pain
- Symptoms of Severe ear pain
- What is the treatment for severe ear pain
- Diagnosis of Severe ear pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe ear pain
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever