Suggest treatment for severe dust allergy, cough and frequent cold
I have severe dust allergy and I suffer from frequent cold and cough problems. (Please see my medical history for details).
I tried homeopathy for close to two years between 2012 and 2014. During the treatment, I was much better. But whenever the doctor used to reduce the dosage thinking that I have developed some immunity, I again used to get cold and runny nose. Finally after two years I stopped the treatment as I didn't see any improvement.
Now sometime back, we adopted a kitten as she was abandoned by her mother. Since I am also allergic to cats, my problem with cold and wheezing has only increased. Playing with the cat leads to sneezing and runny XXXXXXX
Could you please advise any treatment or cure for me from these allergies? Also, please do not ask me to give away my cat as I can't do it. I am also open to other alternative treatments like Ayurveda if there is any hope in it for me. Thanks!
Let me explain in details
Thanks for consulting us.
As i gone through your history in detail.
Allergy can happen to everybody at any age.
In whatever system of medicine development of resistances to that particular allergen will take certain period like 6 months to one year.since then you should be away from the allergy causing substances.
In ayurveda immune modulating drugs are available to treat allergic sinusitis and other associated respiratory conditions.
As in adult frequent cold and cough should be addressed and treated properly.
So kindly give me for some details for proper advise.
How long you are suffering from this kitten allergy ?
What is your lifestyle?
Any allergy to food?
You are on any steroid treatment?
Kindly get back to me for further advise.
Below are my answers to your questions -
1) I have cat allergy for as long as I can remember. Around 9 years back, we had a cat at my hometown. Even then, whenever I used to visit my hometown, I used to catch cold and runny nose.
2) My current lifestyle for the past two years is sedentary and my eating habits are not very healthy, but not very bad either. I was into bodybuilding two years ago and I used to be very fit, and my diet was very healthy. Later I became lazy and left all of it. Now I consume at least one sweet during lunch and some snacks (usually fried) in the evening, almost on a daily basis.
3) I do not have any allergy to food. But consuming cold beer or wine late in the night just before bad usually causes severe chest congestion the next morning. It doesn't happen every time, but mostly during cold nights or when I sleep under a fan.
4) I am not and I was never on any steroid treatment.
I hope I have answered your questions satisfactorily.
Need immune modulating treatment protocol
As you are vulnerable to certain allergen like cat (hair) you should take medicine which improve your immune system that makes you resistant to allergic substances.
Dasamoola kadutharayam- 20 ml with 60 ml of warm water. Twice a day. For one month.after food. Depends upon the response you should continue for 6 months.
haritaki rasayanam-5g twice a day.same as above.
guduchi Capsules- 2 twice a day. After food.
Take fruits rich in vitamin c like lemon, orange, pomegranate etc.
Avoid fried, spicy, fatty food, caffeine drink etc.
start doing pranayama and yoga to improve your body immune system.
During the course of the treatment try to be away from cat temporarily. once you develop resistance against the allergens you can handle cat as you wish
hope i Answered your query
Kindly let me know if there any clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for frequent cold
- Severe dust allergies symptoms
- Treatment for frequent cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for frequent cold and cough
- What causes frequent cold and cough
- Frequent colds allergies allergic rhinitis reactive rhinitis
- Ayurveda for dust allergy cough
- Treatment and cure for dust allergy
- Treatment for child s frequent cold cough and fever
- Frequent cold and fever treatment