Suggest treatment for severe dizziness

Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 20 Apr 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I woke up dizzy for three days in a row
First day was light
Second day very strong hard to see / a little foggy or disoriented....
Third day day lighter

Not sure why , I am 55 in good health
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consider checking your blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
I am Dr Mody and I would be addressing your concern.

Considering your age of 55 years , the most common reason for the fogginess and dis orientation is new onset hypertension.
So get your blood pressure checked . preferably do a ambulatory 24 hour blood pressure monitoring as it will give us an idea about your blood pressure during sleep .
If the above is normal.
Get your eyes checked , if you have problem reading a book ( impaired near vision ) .
Lastly if the blood pressure is in normal range considering taking electrolyte along with water to keep good hydration.

Hoping i could help .
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D