.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Suggest treatment for severe diarrhea

Dr. Eric Goldstein

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Child Health
Question: Hi I have a boy of 13 years old with downsyndrome he is cealic and we have him on a lactose free diet , in the last couple of months he has diarrhoea at least twice a week .Should I get him checked out he is only 5 stone.
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diarrhea

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question.

The issue here is that you have a child with a history of celiac, who, until recently, seemed well controlled. The diarrhea has returned and worsened indicates that either something else is needed to control his celiac, or something else is going on.

Therefore, I believe it is best to have him evaluated for this problem.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee