question-icon

Suggest Treatment For Severe Diarrhea When Diagnosed With Anxiety And Depression

Posted on Sat, 4 Nov 2017
Question: My friend sometimes sleeps most of the day- eats, when he isn't sleeping or going to the bathroom ( diaherra )seems to not be as mentally sharp as he used to be! His episode now has lasted 3 days- he will literally sleep all day- and night too! He will get up to eat and is always extremely hungry. He will often get anxious if he can't get food. This has been going on for a long time, but seems to have gotten worse. Days that he feels better he drinks a large quantity of beer, slowly throughout the day. It has affected his work.He eats a lot of carbohydrates, I've tried to encourage him to eat less sugar, which he has cut back.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

This is very concerning. Sleeping that much is either a sign of major depression, alcoholism, or a serious medical problem. He needs to visit a primary care doctor or even the emergency room to get checked out.

Please rate and close your answer when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist