question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe diarrhea, bloating and stomach cramps

Posted on Wed, 20 May 2015
Question: I have been having serious diarrhea since yesterday. I go at least every 15 minutes. It continues to be mostly a yellow or light browm water with a bit of matter in It. I am bloated and have stomach cramps. Everytime i eat or drink the cramps happen and It feels like i need to use the batjroom almost immediately.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu (34 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Food poision or gastroenteritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I read carefully your query and understood your concerns.
You are reporting to have diarrhea every 15 minutes and is suggestive for :
- acute viral gastroenteritis
- food poising
At this situation I would suggest to take plenty of water and start to use :
- probiotic
- tasectan
- hydramine
-antacids
-anti spastic like butiscopolamine
If your situation persist after a couple of days please consult your physician or go to ER .
wishing you all the best
Dr. klerida

-
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist