question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe diarrhea and vomiting

Posted on Mon, 25 Jul 2016
Question: My husband has bad diarrhea and vomiting, been going on for a few hours now, what should I do?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (40 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Food poisoning

Detailed Answer:

If you are already giving him Immodium just wait and watch.
Please give him LOMOTIL one dose.
Till the vomitings are controlled he can be given sips of water only. If 6 hours passed and no more vomiting, then he can take glasses of water to replace the water lost during diarrhoea and vomiting.
If the vomitings are not controlled then he needs intravenous fluid at the emergency.
Please keep check his sweating and urine. If they are dry it indicates volume loss and emergency. Also if he is running temperature now please show at the local clinic.

Hope this is directionable.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam