Suggest treatment for severe depression

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I am deeply depressed since childhood. I been though many things and strong but, from inside I am weak. what would be best kind of doctor and treatment? YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

The best treatment for this would be a combination of medication management and psychotherapy with a psychiatrist. Medications might consist of an SSRI such as escitalopram or sertraline, and psychotherapy will support this. I recommend finding a psychiatrist in your area.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy