Suggest treatment for severe depression in an elderly person
I know this is a lot of info, just wanted to let you know how bad it is. Can't get her to go to a doctor and she has no insurance. We need help making her go. Also they were childhood sweethearts and they did everything together. What can we do?
Hello, and thanks for your question.
I'm sorry your sister is so clearly so depressed. Here's what you can do. I would call 911 and tell them she is living in a state where she is not caring for her basic functions, such as eating or bathing, and therefore presents a danger to herself. EMS will take her to an ER where she will be evaluated. She meets criteria for involuntary admission to a psychiatric hospital for treatment for depression. In this way you can get her the treatment she needs.
Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.
In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe depression resistant to vagus nerve stimulation
- Treatment for severe depression with ibs
- Suggest remedy for severe depression and suicidal tendencies
- Suggest medication for severe depression and fatigue
- Suggest treatment for severe depression due to chrons disease
- Severe depression and anxiety symptoms
- Treatment and cure for severe depression
- What are the treatments for severe depression and anxiety
- Best antidepressants for severe depression
- Suggest treatment for severe depression anxiety adhd and ptsd