Suggest treatment for severe depression and pain

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My wife have one side back heartache for last 7 years.she is 22 years old and doing final year PG degree .The pain is arising random occasions.When ever she gets more tension,depression on day to day life ,etc.. the pain is coming.Pain will be cured if she takes pain relief tablets with the prescription of normal physicians.I just wanted to know why this has been happening and she is not using any spectacles for eyes,Not got any injuries in body or head.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It looks like migraine.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query. Your symptoms looks more like migraine headache.

You can try these home remedies:
- Ginger: Ginger tea, ginger and lemon juice or can apply a paste of ginger powder and 2 tablespoons water on your forehead for a few minutes to provide quicker relief.

- Exercises: Basic neck stretches, rotation of neck can help reduce the pain.

- Cold/hot packs: Applying an ice pack to the back of your neck can give relief from a migraine, since the cold from the ice helps reduce inflammation that contributes to headaches. Also, it has a numbing effect on the pain. Soaking your feet in hot water also helps get rid of a headache.

- Apples or apple cider vinegar can be used for migraine. They help restore the acid-alkaline balance in the body. Mix half cup of apple cider vinegar with half cup of water and boil the mixture in a covered pan. Drink the mixture with a pinch of lemon juice.

There are tablets (triptants, beta blockers, etc) which are given for migraine and for prevention but they are all prescription drugs so I would suggest you to meet your physician if the symptom is persists or worsens.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana