Suggest treatment for severe depression and anxiety

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 1 Apr 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I Treated with depression from 2016 XXXXXXX .In XXXXXXX 2017 I shifted to a new place and I stopped medication as I felt better.But recently I am getting heart palipitation,socially withdrawn and tension and anxiety.I used below medication
pexep cr 12.5
desveren 50
zapiz 0.25
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is relapse of depression

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description I am of the opinion that you have relapse of depression for which you were taking treatment since XXXXXXX 2016. There ideal duration for treatment of depression should last 9-12 months and it is possible that early discontinuation of treatment lead to relapse of depression.

It is possible that your current symptoms are not severe as in past because the full blown depression takes some time to develop. It is possible that in next couple of days you will experience increased severity of symptoms.

In my opinion you should see a psychiatrist without any delay. He may conduct some tests to reconfirm the diagnosis. Once it is done he may ask you to take same treatment or may change the treatment if necessary. I must assure you that as in past there is good chance of having complete control over depression.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 3 minutes later
should i has to contunue the tablets
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I do not think so

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,
Thanks for follow up.

The depression can present as a unipolar disorder and on some occasions it may be part of bipolar disorder and both these disorders need different set of treatment. I do not think you should decide in favour of same medicine before seeing a doctor in person.

I agree that this may help you but at the same time there is enopurmouis risk with self treatment.

I hope this assists you further.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 6 minutes later
thanks for the reply .My previous doctor didnt performed any tests but he said it is anxietey disorder and depression.So are there any test to identify particular type of disorderr like bipolar or maniac depression etc?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for follow up.

There are no fool proof tests and in most cases adequate history is enough to say whether it is unipolar or bipolar disorder. I also like to acknowledge that both can present with similar symptoms and without adequate history nobody can distinguish between them.

I hope this assists you further.
Thanks again.