Suggest treatment for severe cramps in the hands and legs
Would any of the following help?
Calcium and Vitamin D3 can help
Thank you for posting the question.
From the symptoms that you have mentioned,it seems that calcium and vitamin D deficiency is the cause of severe hand and leg cramps.
(In medical terms,it is called Hypocalcemic tetany)
You need to get blood calcium and vitamin D levels checked to confirm the diagnosis.
Another possibility is of Carnitine deficency.
(Normally,carnitine is essential for smooth and optimum functioning of the skeletal muscles.)
L-carnitine tablets can be taken once a day- for 2 weeks for speedy recovery.
Do let me know the blood calcium and vitamin D reports.Depending on the reports,calcium 500 mg and vitamin D3 supplements can be started.
Out of the medicines that you have mentioned,gabapentin can help to some extent.
Avoid taking other tablets.
I hope this answer was useful.
Feel free to consult me anytime for further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cuses severe cramp at back of leg
- Severe cramping on outside of leg
- Severe cramp in calf with lump
- Experiencing severe cramping in the leg muscle and knees
- Treatment and cure for Severe cramp
- Severe cramps bright red blood clots during periods treatment options
- Suggest medication for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- Constipation stomach pain severe cramps treatment for symptoms
- Numbness in leg after severe cramp
- What is the treatment for the severe cramps during menstruation
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
- Suggest treatment for severe muscular and joints pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the leg
- Suggest treatment for left shoulder pain in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs when diagnosed with CMT
- Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain
- What causes shortness of breath and constant back pain?
- Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right ankle
- What causes twinging pain post intake of Mobic?