Suggest treatment for severe cough
I have been having severe cough and running nose for almost of a month.
My doctor gave some medicines which included
Azhithromycin and a cough syrup Bricarex A
But the cold and cought did not go completely go away. it persisted with mild running nose and cough not completely getting cured. My doctor concluded as I'm having some kind of allergy.
So my doctor asked to take PNS and Chest Xray.
My PNS report says the following:
non pneumaticed sinus with mild dns to the right and left maxillary sinus
Could you please let me know :
what does this mean I have sinusitis?
is the sinus severe or mild?
Thank you for your query.
1. Your CT PNS report is incomplete. Upload the images for an accurate assessment.
2. I would recommend to change the cough syrup to one for dry cough such as Ascoril-D or Reswas. Cough syrups containing a bronchodilator and a mucolytic tend to increase cough. The rest of your medication is fine.
Awaiting your reply,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for allergic cough
- Suggest treatment for severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Treatment for severe cold and cough
- What are the treatments for severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for wheezing cough
- What treatment is suggested for severe cough
- Treatment for severe cough in children
- Treatment and cure for severe coughing