Suggest treatment for severe cough with upper back and chest pain

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I'm not sure what is wrong with me, My rib cage, upper back and center of my chest have been really hurting, I have a cough on and off, I've been really tired, but I don't have a fever. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tell me more about your cough? Violent? Dry or productive?

Detailed Answer:

I am so sorry to hear about this pain and the cough that you have reported. The pain cough be caused by the cough if you get to cough violent in bouts or frequently. However, this is unlikely to be caused by an infection because of the diffuse nature of the pain and the absence of fever which is common in lung infections.

I will suggest that you take tylenol for pains. Drink much water as well so as to stay well hydrated. If the cough is persistent and violent, you may want to get back to me so that I can propose a cough suppressant. If a fever sets in, we will need to do X-rays for more investigations.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be. I Wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 10 minutes later
The cough is infrequent but it's kind of bad when I am coughing. I have also been having shortness of breath/ am afraid to breathe more deeply because it hurts more in the lower left back side of my ribs when I do.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take the proposed tylenol and report progress to me!

Detailed Answer:

I suggest you take tylenol and report the evolution of the pain to me. f you should develop a fever, that calls for immediate evaluation and an X-ray!

Thanks and keep me updated about this!
Dr. Ivo Ditah