Suggest treatment for severe cough with green phlegm in the throat

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 28 Jun 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have a cough, I am bring up green phlegm
I would like a prescription for Cefalexin Capsules 21 x 500 mg
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do the following tests

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking in HCM

I can understand your concern

It would be better for your situation in order to know if you need antibiotic or not to do the following tests :

Hemogram
CRP
Chest X Ray

If they come positive than you should take antibiotics usually for one week (depending of the situation )

If they come negative than you should not take antibiotics only simptomatics and painkillers like paracetamol for up to five days

Regarding your request i would add that it is not ethical for a doctor to give a prescription if he/she has not examined the patient. Please discuss about the tests with your doctor.

Take care and feel free to ask me again
Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad