Suggest treatment for severe cough with chest congestion
Most likely due to allergy.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Your problem can be most likely due to allergy. This can be from some thing you expose like dust or internal allergens like acid reflux.
If cough is continuous then it is better to rule out tuberculosis by doing sputum AFB test.
If it is any known allergens like dust or pets or cold air you are exposing to then avoiding such exposure is the best management.
You can also take antihistamines like cetirizine daily. If that is not working then taking combination of antihistamines like Levocetirizine and monteleukast for long term will be helpful. This is a prescription drug.
If you have acid reflux or gastritis that should be controlled by taking proton pump inhibitors like Esomeprazole (Nexium). You can get this as over the counter Taking this for 4 weeks will be helpful to clear it.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Suffering from cold cough and chest congestion suggest suitable treatment
- Suggest treatment for chest infection and cough
- What treatment is suggested for severe cough
- Suggest treatment for cough and nasal congestion
- Treatment for severe cough in children
- Treatment and cure for severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for severe chest congestion