question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe cough, choking, excessive phlegm production and pain in the chest while coughing

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2019
Question: last week cut grass &weeds n fl extreme drought. top of pollen season my face was black from sand dust and what ever. .bad dry cough choking through up acid. ungodly amounts of phlegm is coming from, stomach, chest,& head this area. hurt when I cough. I don't hardly eat do drink lots. feel very down don't want leave house. have chills & sweats. Benadryl 25mg helps with phlegm but start back starts up hard morning & ,night hylandjames@comcast .net Thank you
Answered by Dr. Monish De (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
CT scan of the chest and abdomen and a blood culture sensitivity test.

Detailed Answer:

After hearing your history, I would advise you to do CT scan of chest and abdomen. Since you have chills and sweat also, you need to do a blood culture sensitivity test.

If any bacteria is found in the blood then it has to be treated with sensitive antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Monish De
Oncologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Monish De

Oncologist