Suggest treatment for severe cough and stuffy nose

Dr. Behar Greca

Posted on Tue, 2 Aug 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I start to have a gagging cough along with a stuffy nose when I start the feeling of having to make a bowel movement in the morning after I wake up.
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A possible allergic rhinitis...

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting at HCM.

After reading your description, I think I have understood your condition.

I think your symptoms may be related to an allergic rhinitis and laryngitis, which may be caused by either environmental causes or one of the medications you are using for your arthritis.

I recommend you to get the following tests: pulmonary X-Ray, complete blood count and leukocyte count.

You should also see your allergist to discuss about your condition. The above tests will determine your diagnosis and aid your allergist in giving you a treatment.

Please let me know if there's any further doubts..

Wish you good health,
Dr. Behar Greca

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee