Suggest treatment for severe constipation

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: From Yesterday night, I am feeling there is something stuck inside my anus as if I am constipating. But when I go to motions, I do not have any difficulty in passing stool. However, inspite of the bowel movement, I still feel the small pressure inside the anus. I am not sure if this is anything to be concerned or is it a normal constipation related issue.
I do not have any other issue.

Just for information, I had delivered to a baby 8 months ago.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Go to a general surgeon

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns. It does not look like its due to constipation because you are not having any difficulty in passing stools or hard stools. There are various reasons like severe colitis (inflammation of colon), Descending perineal syndrome, IBS- irritable bowel syndrome, Rectal polyp or haemorrhoids (piles).

This can be confirmed by running a few investigations like Per-rectal digital examination, Proctoscopy, Colonoscopy and biopsy. Ultrasonography of the whole abdomen.

If the symptoms persists I would suggest you to meet a general surgeon for further examination and treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy