Suggest treatment for severe constipation and lower back pain

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Last night before I went to bed, I started to get pain in my right side front, and back like a lower back ace that radiated around to my upper hip. I also felt constapated. I was able to have several difficult BMs, I also started having blood in my urine. It started brown color , now this morning it's red in color and l'm still in pain. There is no fever. I'm 60 yrs old, male.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Emergency

Detailed Answer:

The events that you describe sounds a serious problem. You seem to be releasing myoglobin ( degraded product of muscle ) through the urine. Your kidney could be at risk. The red color urine is a sign of myoglobinuria after muscle breakdown. The pre events of back pain does not sound good as well.
You need an immediate Urine examination, Ultrasound of the Kidney bladder.
My advise is to visit Emergency sooner to clear my doubts by getting tested. IT can be easily treated and reversible if timely intervention taken.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana