Suggest treatment for severe cold, runny nose and fever in a COPD patient
Possible LRTI?Augmentin will help
I can understand your concern.
Based on the current symptoms described, the possibility of a lower respiratory tract infection/LRTI is high in his case.
For such an illness, a short course of antibiotics will suffice.
I generally prescribe oral tablets of Augmentin for 3-5 days. Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe the same to you.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sever cold and blocked nose
- Treatment for blocked nose severe cold
- Treatment and cure for severe cold
- Severe cold treatment
- Suggest treatment for runny nose
- Treatment for severe cold and cough
- What is the treatment for severe cold and cough
- Severe cold with paining in eyes is this fever
- Suggest treatment for runny nose and sneezing
- Suggest treatment for sinus along with severe cold and headaches