Suggest treatment for severe cold and chest congestion
Please advise whether we can use same medicines as prescribed by our pediatrician before or is there any other medicine that we can try? Or is it necessary to visit a pediatrician now?
Your child seems to have a viral infection.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have very carefully gone through the details provided and understand your concerns. Your child seems to have a condition called bronchiolitis which is caused due to a viral infection. The sound of respiration that you are hearing is called stridor, although a component of bronchospasm and wheezing can also be associated. Nebulization with hypertonic saline (3% NaCl) 4 or more times a day should be the mainstay of treatment. Nebulization with salbutamol or similar bronchodilators can also be given. Usually antibiotics are not required. Apply saline nasal drops like Nasoclear if there is nasal block. Nasivion can also be given but is not mandatory. Giving Brozeet-LS and Solvin should be helpful.
If the child grows lethargic or if the wheezing becomes severe or if there is respiratory distress, you would need to visit your pediatrician without delay. Till then you may wait.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe cold with heavy post nasal drip
- Suggest treatment for sever cold and blocked nose
- Treatment for blocked nose severe cold
- Treatment and cure for severe cold
- Severe cold treatment
- Suffering from severe cold with cough and congestion
- Treatment for severe cold and cough
- What is the treatment for severe cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for sinus along with severe cold and headaches
- Took tryptomer have severe cold bronchitic suggest