Suggest treatment for severe chest pain

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi,
I am 30 yrs old few days back i had pain at left side of my chest the pain was mild as if someone pinpointed me with pain , the day itself i had my ecg there were some differences ,the next day they took my 2d echo test and stress test both are normal,
the doctor said it is due to anxiety, after few days i am facing the same issue but the duration of pain is for 2-3 min and not more than that i am currently having inderal and stalopam tablet to fix anxiety.

But still i feel the pain every alternate day.I dont know what to do due to which i get panic , i have visited 2-3 doctors they said nothing has happend to you.

But the why the pain is there

Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Pain in chest due to heart disease is very rare at your age especially when your ECG, echo & stress tests are normal. Chest pain due to heart disease is non localized, squeezing type & increase on exertion.

Chest pain at your age can be simple muscle pain or costochondritis(inflammation of joint between bone & cartilage of chest wall) or gastritis.

Your pain looks more like costochondritis, where pain is localized & feels like some needle pricking in chest.
Still do a Chest X Ray to see for asdociated lung disease.
This condition is treated with pain killer and improves itself within 2-3 weeks.
For such patients we prescribe Tab Ultracet(Acetaminophen + Tramedol) twice daily & Tab Pantoprazole 40mg once daily empty stomach.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 38 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you for your helpfull comments.

I also had an x-ray its says its normal
I also get pain behind left side of back.

So i have not to worry about any heart related problem.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You don't have to worry

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Its good to know that X Ray is also normal. Now you don't have to worry. Their is no cardiac illness.
It is just costochondritis or gastritis.
Continue Tab Ultracet & Pantoprazole as i told you & you will be fine.
I hope i answered your query. If you have any more question, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 24 hours later

Thank you for your help.

What about the tablets that i am taking now inderal and stalopalm.Should i stop or continue ??
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue them as before

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
You can continue your medications as before. They are just for anxiety & will be stopped gradually.
You can follow up after a month to see how you are doing & can continue the necessary medications only.
All the best.
Thanks