Suggest treatment for severe chest pain when diagnosed with COPD

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
I have this chest pain that is very painful when it’s cold. I’ve had an angiogram, I’ve had the scope down my throat, and I had a chest x-ray. I even had a test in the hospital to see if I had COPD, which I don’t. In the winter months, the pain is unbearable, I don’t know what to do. My doctor said I just have to learn to live with it, but I think that’s because they can’t figure out what it is. It’s right center of my chest. I’m female, I have fibromyalgia, I’m overweight, 5’5” and 200lbs. I’m 69 and am pretty healthy except for my fibromyalgia and chest pain.
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi There

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and would like to tell you that as you said you have already been through an Angiography which was normal so the reason of your chest is definitely not any cardiac issue, but is fibromyalgia which you are already suffering from.

Till date there is no definite cure for fibromyalgia and the treatment mainly focuses on symptomatic relief with the help of pain killers.

So just try to keep yourself warm and avoid going outside during extream climate conditions until absolute necessary.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr. Bhanu Partap