Suggest treatment for severe chest pain and chills
I would recommend going to the ER for some tests.
Thank you for asking on HCM!
I carefully passed through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to different causes:
- a gastro-esophageal reflux or esophageal spasms
- cardiac ischemia
- an aortic aneurysm
- anxiety could also trigger all this clinical situation.
Coming to this point, I would recommend going to the ER today for a physical exam and some tests:
- a chest X ray study
- a resting ECG and cardiac enzymes for possible cardiac ischemia (cardiac enzymes can remain elevated even days after cardiac ischemia in your blood)
- some other blood lab tests (complete blood count for anemia or an infection, PCR and sedimentation rate for inflammation, blood electrolytes).
It is necessary performing these tests to be sure that the episode is not going to repeat again.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe chest pain and shortness of breath
- Diagnosis of severe chest pain
- Treatment and cure for severe chest pain
- Severe chest pain after pregnancy
- Severe chest pain causes
- Dukan diet severe chest pain
- Tuna causes severe chest pain
- Severe chest pain during conjunctivitis
- Severe chest pain during crying
- Symptoms of severe chest pain