• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe body pain and fever

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor,

I am suffering from severe body pain with fever; I am not able to bend my knees and waist; and also feet is paining i am not able to walk. Fever is like 103...

Please advise.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained below,

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic,

I have gone through your query and will certainly provide you with my opinions,

From the description that you have provided, I seem to doubt if its a case of dengue fever. For this I would suggest you to do some basic investigations like complete blood count to mainly look for platelet count and also do a NS1 antigen test to look for the presence of dengue antigen in your body.

Meanwhile, you are requested to do the following:

- Take T. DOLO 650mg twice to thrice daily for fever. Always maintain the temperature below 100 degrees.

- You may also consider taking T. CYCLOPAM for boday pain. Or else DOLO is enough.

- Eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables.

- Drink plenty of fluids.

Kindly get back with your report, so that I may be able to further assure my opinion.

I hope this helps,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 2 days later
Hello Doctor,

I did visit doctor here at Aster CMI and she ruled out of it being Dengue and called it dengue like illness.. she gave me Dolo and asked me drink lots of fluids.. I am feeling much better its been 48 hrs now there is no temperature...

But i still have body pain.. espcially in my knees when i sit and try to stand and in my ankles... also i have noticed few boils/lumps behind i.e. neck area..like 4 or 5 its paining like pimples do.. and causing headache...

Please advise on above... Are these boils due to heat (Dolo side effects).

Thanks, XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly see below,

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Thanks for writing back,

Glad to know that your symptoms are improving. But let me tell you, the symptoms you are presently experiencing is always associated with dengue fever. I hope your blood counts are normal, if so, then you are sure to bounce back in no time.

Also the presence of red rashes or spots is also associated with this fever. It is not a side effect of DOLO 650mg.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to take healthy food with lots of fruits and vegetables. Also, drink plenty of fluids. This will give your body enough strength to fight against the virus.

I hope this helps,

Please feel free to discuss further or else kindly close the query and share your positive feedback.

Regards.
Dr. Remy Koshy