Suggest treatment for severe belching in a child
It is very important to increase the fiber intake for your child.
Thanskf for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Hallens suppository is Glycerin Suppository whereas Dulcoflex suppository is Bisacodyl Suppositories. The latter is a purgative and increases the urge to pass stool. So, if given when your child has pain, it may worsen the condition. Hence I would suggest against it. You may give Hallens suppository however.
Rather than giving medicines, it is more important to increase the total fiber intake of your child's diet. At this age, his daily fiber requirement is 25 g per day.
Going through the following link will give you a better understanding of fiber containing foods:
As of now, wait for the pain to subside.
Let me know if you have any further queries.
1. Can i give digene if he has digestion/gas issue
2.can u pls suggest some tonic for strengthening his digestion as he seems to gag at the sight of food. He sometimes wants to eat but then takes it in hand and puts it away. He burps pretty often irrespective of whether he has eaten food or empty stomach.
Such problems are quite common with children of this age.
Thanks for writing back.
1. Digene can be given but how do you know that he is having hyperacidity? There is no definite way to know. I do not think that Digene would actually be needed in children like yours.
2. Let me tell you that there is no syrup or tonic to strengthen the digestive system. If you make such a demand from doctors all they would provide is either some vitamin tonic or some enzyme supplement. While vitamins are required in very minute amount and supplementation is not needed unless there is a definite deficiency, enzyme supplements are useless as they themselves get disintegrated in the acidic environment of the stomach.
Children of this age tend to be fussy eaters and they have to be coaxed to eat. There is no shortcut for the same. You can take him along while fetching groceries and ask him to choose fruits and vegetables. Make items using those or ask for him opinion about what to make with those. He will eat those items better. Experiment and find new ways.
About the burping, giving him curd or yogurt should help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for flatulence and belching
- Drugs/medication for Severe belching
- Severe belching after heart by pass surgery
- Severe belching and nausea
- Severe belching in alcoholics
- What causes severe belching
- Symptoms of Severe belching
- Severe belching causes
- Treatment and cure for Severe belching
- Diagnosis of Severe belching