Suggest treatment for severe back spasms and pain
Combination of drugs
Hi thanks for your question.
Usually a combination of drugs is useful in relieving severe musculoskeletal back pain. A muscle relaxant such as flexeril can be a useful adjunct. Other muscle relaxants used short term can also be of benefit ( benzodiazepines such as diazepam ). Tylenol and an regular anti-inflammatory medication can help. If there is a neuralgic element to your pain then pregabalin or gabapentin can also help. If you remain in significant discomfort despite these medication then an opiate such as hydromorphone can be of benefit for short term use.
You should also try and remain XXXXXXX and start physiotherapy as soon as possible.
I hope this answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Incline treadmill back spasm pain
- How to treat chest pain and back spasm
- Lower back spasms stiffness pain what is going on
- Severe back spasms and blood in stool
- Have back spasms painful suggested exercises need advice
- Severe back spasms lower back
- Back spasms in upper back
- Back spasms before menstrual cycle tubal ligation done treatment
- Back spasms lack of sleep difficulty walking moving treatment
- Treatment and cure for Back spasms