• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe back pain

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Hello,

Recently I have visited Niagara Falls, USA after that I am feeling weak, tired, no energy left in my body. Also feels like something is stuck at middle of spine at my back. Can you please suggest what can that be? What kind of treatment is required?What kind of specialist we need to consult.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be muscle spasm, consult an orthopedic surgeon , if required.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
What you have developed probably is spasm in your back , causing feeling of 'stuck'. Hope you had not fallen. You might be developing fever as per your body reaction of tiredness .
Start pain killers ,muscle relaxants and get an x ray of the affected area. If you don't develop fever and don't get any relief in few days - then consult an orthopedic surgeon.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 8 hours later
Hello Doctor,

I have not generated any kinds of fever, just feels like need to lie down and rest. I also took water with pinch of sugar in it. I am prediabetic so don't want to consume more of that. Is this tiredness because of the spasm? Will the pain killer help here, I am not a fan of taking pain killers as am not sure if it causes any side effect.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Start the treatment as adv.above.

Detailed Answer:
Hi ,
I think that a combination of medicines as I have mentioned may be able to help in the muscular spasm that comes from such conditions. Start the treatment and try it for a few days.
No major side effects are expected if take only for few days. If you feel gastritis then you can take antacids along with these medicines.
Hope for all the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon