Suggest treatment for severe back pain
I has been putting a heating pad and taking tylenol and ibuprofen
I am female and am 56
Is this pain getting worse or better?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this pain. I have reviewed your information with special attention on the circumstances of your fall and the evolution of the pain. I am confident you do not have a fracture otherwise you would have been unable to bear weight on this leg. With persistent and resistant pains, I will suggest that you get more potent pain medications. This would require a doctors’ prescription and am sure this would be pretty difficult.
For now, I will like to optimize the doses of the pain medication that you are taking. Paracetamol can be taken 3-4times daily and Ibuprofen 3times daily. I will suggest that you take it regularly and not only wait to take when in pains as this compromises the effectiveness in controlling pain. In addition to that, continue with with the heating pad. Physical therapy would be of help as well.
If this fails to address the pain, let me know and we shall review the treatment and probably make more recommendations at that time.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for severe back pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain radiating to head
- Endometriosis and severe back pain
- Causes of severe back pain
- Relief for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Ivf severe back pain
- Sudden severe back pain
- Medicine for severe back pain
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?