Suggest treatment for severe back pain

Posted on Fri, 9 Jan 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: My query to Dr XXXXXXX heijebu. I have back pain since yesterday,its worse when I bend down to pick up something.2 days ago I had to lift heavy weights in the gym.its causing discomfort,please suggest any help.?Thank you Dr XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably muscular pain.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. This is suggestive of mechanical back pain. You can take simple medications such as etoricoxib for pain relief. Physiotherapy with IFT/ultrasound would also help.

Only if the pain persists or if there is radiation of pain to the legs, you should undergo MRI of lumbar spine to exclude a disc prolapse.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist